Amazing Top 10 Winter Family Vacations
For altogether too long we have thought about sunny South Florida or the California beaches as the top winter family vacations. While it is true that these do rank among the favored tourist spots, there are an amazing number of winter locations that appeal to family members young and old.
- Mont Tremblant, Canada – Located in the mountains of Quebec, this is an ideal location to visit in the winter when all the Canadians have migrated south for the winter. Perfect for skiing and snowboarding with a perfect view of winter wonderland.
- America’s Last Frontier, Alaska – From dogsled races to the most beautiful northern lights, visit one of America’s truly lovely remaining wildernesses. This is a vacation in virtually uncharted territories and sure to be an education in itself.
- Sweden – The Ice Hotel in Jukkasjarvi, a tiny village along the riverside, offers seasonal packages that are affordable enough to take along the entire clan. Be sure to visit the famed Absolut Ice Bar during your stay, as it will surely be the highlight of your stay.
- Lake Tahoe, California or Nevada – Whether visiting this famed winter holiday lake from the Nevada side or the California side, this is a vacation spot that has become a favorite for families around the country. In fact, there are so many activities that you just might want to extend your stay a week or two.
- Wisconsin Dells – Never heard of this small town in the remote reaches of Wisconsin? You are in for a real treat in a land that gets an annual snowfall of more than 360 inches! If it’s a winter wonderland you’re after, this is surely it.
- Yellowstone National Park – Yellowstone is considered one of the most famous vacation destinations in the US no matter what time of the year it is. There are an abundance of things offered from educational programs to accommodations that will comfortably house you and your whole family. The scenery is something to be reckoned with and everyone should see it at least once in their lives.
- Orlando, Florida – Orlando is a favorite destination for those who are used to battling with snow ridden streets. There are so many things to see and do there for the entire family. Obviously, Disney World, Epcot Center and Universal Studios would be first on the list of things to do but there is so much more to do there that it is almost impossible to list everything.
- New England – New England is one of the oldest and most historical destinations in the United States. Places like Maine, Vermont, Rhode Island, Connecticut and of course Massachusetts with its historical sites offer so many different things to see and do. There are some of the most gorgeous ski resorts in the country there, not to mention the White Mountain region.
- Hershey Pennsylvania – A haven for chocolate lovers! Anyone who is going to be traveling through the US during Christmastime would find this place absolutely enchanting with its light displays and festivities. Hershey is one if the most notable places to vacation within the US for people of all ages.
- Caribbean – If you have ever considered taking a cruise during the cold wintery months then a Caribbean cruise would be just the thing for you. Everything from the coconut scented winds to the sparkling crystal clear water will take your breath away. Bask in the sun drinking Pina Coladas without a care in the world.
There are so many amazing winter vacation places to enjoy that families are finding going to the traditional islands in the sun are just plain boring. Whether you are looking for a bit of warmth or the bite of frosty mountains, the top 10 winter family vacations are just the beginning of what you can find with a little bit of creative imagination and a quick internet search.